- Foxtail millet is one of the oldest cultivated food. Foxtail millets are widely cultivated in China, India and Africa. Western world and developed nations are slowly accepting this food human as a nutritious substitute for healthier diets.
Foxtail Millet Nutrition
Foxtail millets are high in calories, giving strength and energy for farmers to work actively in fields. Foxtail millet is a vegan food and also gluten free cereal. Foxtail millet is rich in proteins and low in fat. Foxtail millet has good amount of fiber content, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium and carbohydrates.
It does not have sugar in any form. Consuming organic millet has more benefits because its free of pesticides residues.
Foxtail millet is a diabetic food. Unlike rice, foxtail millet releases glucose steadily without affecting the metabolism of the body. The incidence of diabetes is rare among the population which consumes foxtail millet diet.
Benefits of foxtail millet
- It controls diabetes ( controls blood sugar level )
- Keep your digestive tract clean.
- Reducing heart attack risk.
- High in antioxidant.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Reduces gastric problems.