- Fruits and vegetables can help to protect you against from heart diseases,diabetes and cancer.
- Eat five kinds of vegetable and two kinds of fruit every day for good health.
- Eating fruits and vegetables as part of an overall healthy diet may reduce risk for heart diseases, including heart attack and stroke.
- Eating a diet rich in some vegetables and fruits may protect against from certain types of cancers.
- Vegetables and fruits which contains fiber may reduce the risk of heart diseases and obesity.
- Eating vegetables and fruits which contains potassium may reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and helps to decrease bone loss.
Vitamins and minerals in fruits and vegetables
Fruits and vegetables that are good for your health. These include vitamin A (beta – carotene), C and E, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and folic acid. Folic acid may reduce blood levels of homocysteine, a substance that may be a risk factor for coronary heart disease.
Fruits and vegetables for good health
Fruits and vegetables are low in fat,salt and sugar. They are good source of dietary fiber. As part of a well balanced,regular diet and a healthy, active lifestyle, a high intake of fruit and vegetables can help you to :-